Monday, December 1, 2008

The Explorers Club: Freedom Wind (4.5/5)

Jonathan's #6 out of 20 Album of 2008


Year: 2008
Label: Dead Oceans
Genre: Psychedelic Sunshine Pop
TRT: 54:27

The Explorers Club are a pop rock band from the coast of South Carolina. They are a 6 man band who are heavily influenced by the harmony styles of the Beach Boys.

Although, the band has stolen the style of the Beach Boys, I can't say they've stolen anything else, nor can I say anything bad about this release. With each listen I continue to love each song more. I can't help but feel that this album in it's concept was sent through the cosmos and reincarnated into the present as the lost Beach Boys album; and not only the lost album, but possibly even the best album

01 Forever
02 Honey Don't I Know Why
03 Don't Forget the Sun
04 Lost My Head
05 Do You Love Me?
06 Summer Air
07 If You Go
08 In the Country
09 Safe Distance
10 Hold Me Tight
11 Last Kiss
12 Freedom Wind

Search Amazon for The Explorers Club

No comments: