Monday, April 13, 2009

Small Brown Bike: The River Bed (4/5)



Year: 2003
Genre: Emotional Post-Hardcore
Label: Lookout
TRT: 40:33

I heard about this band way back in the day, but never got around to checking them out. Their break-out album Dead Reckoning was released right around the time contemporaries Thursday and Cursive released their own contributions (Full Collapse and Domestica respectively), and they actually did a split with the latter.

Fast forward to a local indie music store going out of business and having a massive sale. I see this album for $7 and think to myself, why not? I had an idea of what to expect from them, and they delivered handsomely.

Their final release, coming two years after the album I'd heard so much about in 2001, is presented in a more mature way, both musically and lyrically. Very catchy songs with interesting drumming, and heartfelt vocals that make you want to stand up and shout along. If you're a fan of any of the bands or albums I've mentioned, you will dig this hard.

01 Deconstruct/Rebuild
02 Safe In Sound
03 A Declaration Of Sorts
04 Scream In The Silence
05 Day And Nightmares
06 Tragically Ending
07 Sincerely Yours
08 What's Missing Is Dead
09 The Outline Of Your Hand Still Remains On My Hand
10 A Lesson To Remember

Search for Small Brown Bike on Amazon

No comments: