Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Leprous: Bilateral (5/5)

Joshua's Top 10 Albums of 2011
#4 of 11


Year: 2011
Genre: Progressive Metal
Label: InsideOut
TRT: 58:05

Leprous' last album, Tall Poppy Syndrome, really impressed me, so my expectations were very high for this one. And apparently they were up for the challenge. They really took things up a notch. Everything they did right on TPS, they improve upon. Vocalist Einar Solberg is particularly impressive. His performance on TPS is excellent, but there are several points during this album that my jaw literally dropped. These guys are the real deal, and they're raising the bar for progressive metal in spectacular fashion.

Also I don't usually bother making "best songs" lists for any given year, but gun to my head, I'd probably have to say my favorite track from 2011 is Forced Entry.

01 Bilateral
02 Forced Entry
03 Restless
04 Thorn
05 Mb. Indifferentia
06 Waste of Air
07 Mediocrity Wins
08 Cryptogenic Desires
09 Acquired Taste
10 Painful Detour

No comments: