Monday, January 11, 2010

Black Moth Super Rainbow: Eating Us (4.5/5)

Joshua's Non-Metal Picks for 2009
#7 of 10



Year: 2009
Genre: Psychedelic Hippie Picnic
Label: Graveface
TRT: 35:52

While always interesting, this band has usually failed to really wow me. I always regarded them as an excellent live experience that fell short on recorded media.

Then they went and released this gem of an album. Quirky, glitchy, psychedelic and fun as hell. Tobacco and the gang really outdid himself this time around. This album puts a smile on my face every time.

And when I saw them perform on the tour for this album, they even exceeded my previous live experience of them, leading me to the conclusion that this band has yet to peak, and will only continue to build on the creativity and innovation they've produced so far.

01 Born on a Day the Sun Didn't Shine
02 Dark Bubbles
03 Twin of Myself
04 Gold Splatter
05 Iron Lemonade
06 Tooth Decay
07 Fields are Breathing
08 Smile the Day After Tomorrow
09 The Sticky
10 Bubblegum Animals
11 American Face Dust
12 Intitled Hidden Track

Search Amazon for Black Moth Super Rainbow

No comments: