Thursday, January 7, 2010

Nadja: Numbness (4/5)

Joshua's Top 10 Metal Albums of 2009
#8 of 10



Year: 2009
Genre: Doomgaze
Label: Happy Prince
TRT: 71:12

As I've stated before, Nadja has really been letting me down of late with a lot of uninteresting releases, but this is vintage Nadja (literally). Warm and lush and textured, you get lost and overwhelmed as the waves of a sonic ocean crash over your head and drag you out to sea, filling your lungs with humming static and swirling atmospheres as you succumb to...Numbness...

Everything here has been released before, but aside from the Kids in the Hall cover, it's all new to me. Regardless of when or where it was previously available, this is a solid album. And God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen is one of the best christmas arrangements I've ever heard.

01 Veil of Disillusion
02 God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
03 Long Dark Twenties
04 Alien in My Own Skin
05 Time Is Our Disease
06 Numb

Search Amazon for Nadja

No comments: