Friday, November 21, 2008

Black Mountain: In the Future (4.5/5)

Jonathan's #9 out of 20 Album of 2008


Year: 2008
Label: Jagjaguwar
Genre: Psychedelic Rock
TRT: 45:05

Black Mountain is a Canadian psychedelic rock-band which by day, three members of the band work for an organization (Insite) that meets the basic living requirements of the chronically poor, drug addicted and mentally ill near Vancouver's infamous Main & Hastings intersection, in the Downtown Eastside neighbourhood, widely considered to be the heroin capital of Canada, if not North America.

After reading that on wikipedia I felt like I instantly connected to the members of this band. I love the name of the album, because it gives me the feeling of living in the moment as I'll be listening the rest of the album going into the future. Musically, this record just a great solid psychedelic rock album. On this recording there is reverb, echoes, harmonies, and the leslie function, to mention just a few of the elements that contribute to the creating of nuances and feelings I get from listening. "Wucan" is a track that you must listen to if any of the things I mentioned above interest you.

01 Stormy High
02 Angels
03 Tyrants
04 Wucan
05 Stay Free
06 Queens Will Play
07 Evil Ways
08 Wild Wind
09 Bright Lights
10 Night Walks

Search Amazon for Black Mountain

No comments: