Thursday, February 28, 2008

Grizzly Bear: Yellow House (5/5)



Year: 2006
Label: Warp
Genre: Psychedelic Indie Folk
TRT: 50:00

Grizzly Bear may sound like the name of a band that should have heavy parts and a mean sound, but maybe instead the name just matches the powerful vibes and feelings that they can only give. They are respected by the modern musicians of our time because they have created their own unique sound while still using influences that are so familiar. Each song on "Yellow House" is a beautiful little masterpiece....I couldn't say one bad or negative thing about any sound on this album. I think one of my favorite things on this album is the higher "Beach Boys" type harmonies that the drummer pulls off. I think this will be my favorite band for good remainder of my life..

01 Easier
02 Lullabye
03 Knife
04 Central And Remonte
05 Little Brother
06 Plans
07 Marla
08 On A Neck, On A Spit
09 Reprise
10 Colorado

Search Amazon for Grizzly Bear

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey, can you reupload this? thanks!