Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Swallow the Sun: Hope (5/5)


Year: 2007
Label: Spinefarm
Genre: Doom Death Metal
TRT: 63:40

I had heard of this band several years back, but their music was always so hard to track down that I finally gave up. Well 2007 changed that, with Hope being one of the first albums I acquired in January. In a few short months of listening, Swallow the Sun has joined the ranks of artists such as Virgin Black, Opeth, Ulver and Meshuggah as one of my favorite bands of all time. They’re unique blend of death and doom make for some of the most destroyingly catchy music I’ve ever heard. I have no complaints, not a single one. Brutal growls and beautiful cleans at all the right moments, perfectly fitting every arrangement. Do yourself a favor and get in to this band, you will not regret it.

01 Hope
02 These Hours of Despair
03 The Justice of Suffering
04 Don't Fall Asleep (Horror Pt. 2)
05 Too Cold For Tears
06 The Empty Sky
07 No Light, No Hope
08 Doomed to Walk the Earth
09 These Low Lands

Search Amazon for Swallow the Sun

No comments: