Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Wolves in the Throne Room: Two Hunters (4.5/5)

Biggest Metal Surprise of 2007



Year: 2007
Label: Southern Lord
Genre: Atmospheric Black Metal
TRT: 46:18

Having never been a fan of black metal, I was completely blown away by this release. It’s atmospheric, dark, brooding and strangely enough, beautiful. I checked this band out because of their amazing moniker, and also because I read one of the coolest interviews ever, that intrigued me to no end. These guys are the real deal, living on, and working, a farm in the wilderness of Washington State. They’ve opened my eyes to the realm of black metal that I actually enjoy, and will be actively searching for this year.

01 Dia Artio
02 Behold the Vastness and Sorrow
03 Cleansing
04 I Will Lay Down My Bones Among the Rocks and Roots

Search Amazon for Wolves in the Throne Room

No comments: